Ad Hoc Reporting allows end users to easily build their own reports and modify existing ones with little to no training.
Ad Hoc Reporting in a Nutshell…
Ad hoc reporting generates rapid reports that meet individual information requirements with ease. This allows end users to dynamically modify and drill through report data for powerful information analysis. This flexibility frees up valuable IT resources and gets information to end users on their own. You are immediately empowered to interact with the data.
With Logi Report’s ad hoc reporting function, end users can quickly get started with their visualizations. Once they choose a data source, they can perform a one-click convert to any type of chart or widget.
This allows end users to choose a layout all the way to populating the report with data. Since developers create the foundation for ad hoc reporting, end users do not need to understand the data source structure or create their own queries. They can choose which data they want to use from different metadata tags set up by developers. Data for the report can also come directly from the database, not always from in-memory or cached data like other ad hoc tools often require. Ad hoc reports in Logi Report can be implemented as standard page reports or as browser-based web reports. With the end user in mind, Logi Report makes reporting simple with a complete user-friendly experience.
Ad Hoc Reporting Interactivity
Logi Report also allows users to customize and interact with their reports to perform deeper data analysis for better business insights.
For example, end users can sort, filter, and drill into data via on-screen controls or change their data view by choosing their own custom chart preferences. Further, users can drag and drop different components such as tables, crosstabs, charts, parameters, filter controls, labels etc. directly into their report to yield the desired data view. Ad hoc reporting helps developers make reporting accessible to non-technical users and eliminates the lengthy back-and-forth report creation process between end users and developers.
Ad Hoc Reporting Benefits
Ad hoc reporting is self-service, allowing reports to be easily built with the exact information that users need without tying up developer resources. This affords business users the ability to take control of their own reporting needs and helps them to extract maximum value from both their data and their application while simultaneously extending the overall agility of their organizational BI. Here are some additional benefits:
- Ad hoc reporting provides agility for you. This means that you may answer a business question immediately by creating a report on demand and begin analyzing it for insights.
- They are highly accessible. Reports are accessible through a variety of means such as the web or mobile devices. You can interact with the tool on these platforms and answer your business questions as you need.
- Ad hoc reporting is flexible in functionality. This allows you to interact with reports in various ways. These include navigating through the data on customizable tables, charts, and crosstabs via drill down or drill through, as well as rich visualizations such as heat maps and animated motion charts.
- Reports and reporting components are reusable. This allows you to distribute them to your team or organization for further creation and interaction of reports. This is beneficial by providing efficiency in distributing interactive reports to your colleagues to improve their decision-making.
Empowering Users with Self-Service Starts with Data
The first step in setting up ad hoc reporting for your users is to get your data into a usable format. Logi Report allows you to semantically define database names and fields in what we call a business view. You can also create formulas and format how your data is shown (for example you can define date format to be DD/MM/YYYY, MM/DD/YYYY, etc.). This allows you to create a smooth end user experience by giving your users data in a format they understand.
The second step in the data preparation process is defining security and permissions for users. Logi Report fully supports single sign-on technologies like OAuth and supports multi-tenancy giving you the ability to fully secure your data. Member-level security allows you to define permissions down to the row and column level.
Logi Report- A Leader in Embedded Ad Hoc Reporting
Logi Report allows you to embed advanced ad hoc reporting and data visualization into your applications, giving your non-technical end users the ability to build interactive, custom reports without assistance. Building out dashboards is as simple as dragging-and-dropping components into place. Users can share reports, dashboards, and visualization components in shared libraries for powerful collective decision-making.
Logi Report includes a wide variety of customizable charts and controls to empower users to dig deeper into their data. These components can be reused either when creating new dashboards or reports making end-user reporting easier and more efficient. Greater data insights and business intelligence help drive your application’s and your customer’s competitive advantage.
- Ad hoc reporting provides the self-service ability to create a report at any instance on a whim, and present information for analysis and discovery of insights.
- The goal of ad hoc reporting is to provide an agile reporting solution to answer business questions on demand.
- Ad hoc reports are flexible giving you the ability to interact with your data in many different ways
- They reusable giving you the ability to reuse and edit them.
Ad hoc reporting reaches beyond the static pre-defined data snapshots that traditional reporting often provides allowing for an enhanced interactive end-user experience.