With our latest release of Logi Info, we aimed to make a product that was equally great for end users as it was for application teams and developers. In addition to improved data discovery capabilities, a new shared authoring model, and chart enhancements, Logi 12.2 features productivity improvements for Logi developers.
As product managers look to embed compelling, robust self-service analytics into their applications, these productivity improvements allow developers to rapidly incorporate compelling, robust analytics in any application. They can deliver applications that offer insights at the speed of business.
Here are just a few of the key performance improvements you can find in Logi 12.2.
- We’ve upgraded our Shared Elements to enable passing of both parameters and elements from the calling definition to the shared definition.
- That means the same shared element can be used in different places and render different data in each place.
- Reusing shared elements can lead to significant reductions in development time.
- The Analysis Filter Element can be used just about anywhere in conjunction with a data layer. This super-element includes a defined UI and modes, and can be customized just like any other super-element
- Using this element, users can enable filtering very easily in different parts of the application.
- The UI itself lets the end user create complex filters, but also has a mode where a user can just use filters (i.e. turn filter elements on and off or edit filter values).
- Our new Drill-To element allows Logi Studio developers to define the columns that are made available to the user for drilling.
- This enables users to drill into the underlying data in the chart. And a drill-back button takes the user back to the previously created chart.
- In Logi 12.2, ActiveSQL response times have improved 2x – 10x for grouping and aggregations, allowing you to deliver self-service analytics at the speed of thought. Our query engine optimizations are designed to handle complex aggregations and grouping associated with self-service analysis.
- We’ve also seen response times improve further with the addition of Logi DataHub.
ActiveSQL Support for 1010Data
- Last but not least, we’ve introduced support for 1010Data under the ActiveSQL framework.
- 1010Data sources can now be used in the self-service framework to allow end users to easily query and analyze data and author reports and dashboards
Watch the on-demand webinar to see all the latest features. You can also read about these and other enhancements in our What’s New document.