McLean, Va. – March 18, 2014 – Logi Analytics, the analytics everywhere company, today introduced the newest version of Logi Info, its business information platform. Logi Info 11.2 provides new capabilities that make it easier than ever for organizations to analyze big data sources, such as MongoDB. Logi Info 11.2 makes it faster and simpler to create highly interactive analytic applications, dashboards, and visualizations and delivers that information to any number of people through the Web, mobile applications, or embedded directly into any other business application.
“Analytics everywhere means more people have access to the information they need, in the context of where and how they work, so they can easily make decisions based on data-driven insights,” said Brett Jackson, CEO of Logi Analytics. “This demands an analytics experience that is not only highly intuitive, but that also includes any and all types of data. With our enhancements to Logi Info, we’re delivering a platform that harnesses the power of big data for analytics in one place for a comprehensive view of business performance.”
Logi Info 11.2 introduces new capabilities to provide support for big data sources, including:
- Expanded MongoDB Support– Building upon its partnership with MongoDB, the leading NoSQL document-oriented database, Logi Info provides improved support for building big data-driven information applications to retrieve, analyze, interact with, and write data back to MongoDB. Logi Info supports MongoDB Find queries; RunCommand queries for MongoDB aggregation pipeline and MapReduce; and updates, upserts, and inserts.
- New Multi-Dimensional Expressions (MDX) Query Builder– A new query builder that enables code-free construction of MDX syntax for accessing data from SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) cubes so report authors can quickly create and use MDX to query SSAS.
- New Big Data Shaping– Advanced and unique data shaping technology that accepts big data sources that store data in hierarchical trees (web services, JSON) or document (MongoDB) structures, and transforms, flattens, and prepares that data for interactive analysis and visualization.
Last week, Logi Analytics announced its partnership with Cloudera (see press release: “Logi Analytics Partners with Cloudera to Enhance Big Data Capabilities”), the latest addition to a growing list of big data analytics partners that include HP Vertica, Amazon Redshift, ParStream, MongoDB and Hortonworks. Now Logi Info can power dashboards, analytics and visualizations with data coming from and/or joined across SQL, MDX, NoSQL, and Hadoop data sources to deliver critical insights that drive better decisions.
Logi Info 11.2 also provides new interactive visualizations, self-service, and dashboard capabilities for big data, including:
- Sleek, Interactive Charts– New scalable vector graphic (SVG) charts that employ the latest styles for crisp and compelling visualizations, use interactive animations and behave responsively to automatically resize and dynamically adjust labels. Logi Info provides the ability to create and control the charts to produce custom and aesthetically appealing data visualizations.
- Expanded Self-Service– End users can add data visualizations to their dashboards from Logi Info’s tables, charts, Analysis Grid, Analysis Cart, Dimension Grid and OLAP Grid so any analysis they conduct can be added to their interactive dashboards. Once added to the dashboard, these data visualizations are fully interactive and can return to the original source for further analysis.
- Enhanced Dashboard Usability and Design– An easy-to-use interface and improvements in layout and appearance provide an enhanced, more interactive experience for creating and modifying dashboards. New dashboard configuration and layouts, including intuitive tab management using drag-and-drop for moving tabs, inline edits for faster renaming, and smart sizing and placement let users quickly and simply personalize their dashboard designs.
Logi Analytics offers both a data discovery product (Logi Vision) and a business information platform (Logi Info). Together, these integrated products enable Logi Analytics to address a broad range of customer use cases – from discovering insights in data, to providing access to information for users throughout an organization, including analytics embedded into everyday business applications. For more information on Logi Info, visit: https://www.logianalytics.com/info
About Logi Analytics
Logi Analytics enables enterprises to raise their corporate IQ by delivering on the promise of analytics everywhere. By providing both a data discovery solution and a business information platform, Logi Analytics helps its customers address a broad range of use cases, enabling employees from the corner office to the factory floor to be more informed, make better decisions and drive corporate performance. With more than 1,200 customers worldwide, Logi Analytics meets the analytics needs of organizations ranging from small businesses to Global 2000 enterprises. The company is headquartered in McLean, Virginia. The company is a privately held, venture-backed firm with investments from Updata Partners, GroTech Ventures, Summit Partners and LLR Partners. For more information, visit www.logianalytics.com